Harvest season is here! Make a treat for your palate with some fresh ingredients.
For 2 portions:
- Young carrot – 8 to 10, with ca. 1cm of green left on the top
- Small heirloom tomato – 18, different varieties
- Mozzarella – 1, ca. 125g
- Shallot – 1, finely chopped
- Garlic – 2 boats, finely chopped
- Dried basil – a small pinch
- Dried timian – a small pinch
- Carrot green – some for decoration
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Lemon juice
- Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 225C.
- Cut 1/3 of the tomatoes in halves to be roasted together with carrots.
- Heat some oil in an oven-safe sauté pan on medium-high heat. Add garlic and shallot, stir a bit to release the aroma. Add in carrots, stir around to coat them with oil and let them roast for ca. 1min. Then add in the tomato halves, basil and timian, stir to coat.
- Put the pan into the preheated oven and roast for 15-18min, until carrots are soft.
- Cut the rest of the tomatoes into similar size boats. Tear the mozzarella into small pieces with your hands.
- Layer the raw tomatoes and mozzarella on a plate.
- Take out the pan from the oven and layer the roasted tomatoes and carrots on top (you can cut some of your carrots to create variety).
- Drizzle over olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, salt and black pepper to taste, and carrot green for decoration.