A wonderfully heartwarming traditional chinese dish
- Upper part of chicken wing – 4, with skin
- Dry Shiitake mushroom – 4, soaked in cold water until soft
- Dry wood-ear mushroom – similar amount to Shiitake, soaked in cold water until soft
- Date – a handful, sliced
- Goji berry – a handful
- Garlic and Ginger – similar amount, coarsely chopped
- Chili pepper – 1, coarsely chopped
- Soy sauce – 1 table spoon
- Gin – 2 table spoons
- White pepper – a pinch, powder
- Make some cuts in the chicken to allow the marinade to flavour thoroughly
- Marinate chicken with garlic, ginger, chili, soy sauce, gin, white pepper and salt for ca. 1 hour.
- Slice the soaked mushrooms, add them to the marinated chicken.
- Put everything on the serving plate, and place the plate in a steamer. Make sure the water is already bubbling when you put the dish in. You can turn down the heat once the dish is in the steam, but make sure the water keeps bubbling.
- Steam for ca. 25min. Be careful to not let the water dry out.